Thursday, July 10, 2008

An Update or Two

So I continue to be on the loose and refuse to update my blog, for whatever reason, and today out of the blue I'm going to say hello again. I can't say that I'm steady and back on the blog bandwagon. I'm just here today and we'll see about tomorrow. How's that for commitment?! I know no one reads this anymore anyways so really I'm talking to myself. P you is funny!!

Littlest cutest darlingest number three is on the way. Getting more active everyday. Loving being pregnant again and anticipating another "bundle of joy" or sometimes a "bundle of tears". The newest addition to our clan is due out in December. I love this little one so much already.

Tonight I have decided that I am going to:

wash my sheets
put clean sheets on bed
wash feet
lounge in bed and love the feeling of clean feet on clean sheets

Oh, and The Chickens are gone. It's a long story, but can be summed up in the statement, "They ate their own eggs!" They are gone, and right now I might postpone getting new feathered friends for a little bit. I'm enjoying a yard free of chicken poop, and letting the kids run loose in the back yard without worrying whether they are tormenting the chickens.

I've been trying to read more recently, so today I picked up two books that have been sitting around the house from the library, Geek Love and The Poisonwood Bible. I'm biding my time till The History of Love gets in. Geek Love is one of the wierdest books I've picked up, incredibly dark and comical, and I don't think I have the stomach to finish it. Here's the premis and the beginning of the book. The premis is two carnies, as in Carnival People, get married and decide to breed their own freak show by having the woman take different drugs like cocaine and overdoses of prescription drugs while pregnant. They have a few children one called waterboy, siamese twins, albino hunchback midget, and a son called chick- they've yet to explain that one. The book start with the parents describing how they met which involves the mom killing chickens with her teeth for a carnival act. GROSS!!! It's beyond strange. I'm curious which some of you may worry about me, but I have to say no. The Poisonwood Bible I have yet to really get into and decide if I like. It seems sort of interesting.


Great Parenting Book- Read ALoud Handbook by Jim Trelease

With all that being said-
Peace

2 comments:

Tricia said...

not true, i'm always happy to read your blog...

Anonymous said...

i have beeen waiting fervently for this day! hooray for the blog update! hooray for you and hooray for me! i miss you guys. can you tell?

Love,
Mallory